Support the Site

Monday October 1, 2018

Morning gang. Over my cold finally. Cheers to a fresh new month that hopefully brings us new and better luck.

@Drewdles I think I’m just starting the cold you had. My wife had it all last week. Hope the worst of it is over by Friday, Thanksgiving is a big weekend for our family.

Txt now VEGAS to 762555 @nursehilda @mikey2shoes @Hummer @Hepi @Greg @carebear

@Drewdles @Hummer @Hepi @Greg @nursehilda @carebear TXT VEGAS to 762555 now!

@mikey2shoes Sorry to hear you caught my cold. Hope you get over it quick. We bought our turkey yesterday. Girlfriend spent the weekend making homemade salsa, I worked on putting together some new furniture in the basement and just relaxed fighting off the cold.

Well, I missed that one by a bit. Oh well.

@Drewdles @Hummer @Hepi @Greg @nursehilda @carebear TXT VEGAS to 762555 now!

So I was wondering how many texts they receive each cue… Found this from 2017 online - https://www.rogersmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/CHEZFM-106.1-CHEZ-station-profile.pdf . So if 194,100 people 12+ tune in each week, lets say 175,000 that are old enough to enter the contest (may be less)… Assuming we don’t include weekends, that equates to 35,000 people a day listening. So lets say 30,000 people a day (probably a bit less)… Say 75% of those are listening at any one time, that is 22,500. Then lets assume another 75% actually attempt to enter the contest at any queue, that is 16,875 texts! I am guessing the numbers are actually much lower, probably 3000-5000 texts in reality, but was just doing some fun math… So now, I am not getting too excited if I miss a queue to text, lol…

@Drewdles, that is actually lower than what I thought it would be, not low enough but lower than I thought. Also, “fun math”, two words I’ve never used in the same sentence… lol