Support the Site

Thursday Mar.21st. 2019

Good Turdsday morning Gang! Good luck to everyone in getting a key!

Thursday’s Facebook Toys key entry is up and available to enter

Good morning all. Here’s hoping someone here wins a key today!

Text now @Hepi @Drewdles @nursehilda @snowwhite @Greg @kellyka @haw @oh34rn @Burt @cato07 Good luck everyone!

Good morning. Text now @Hepi @mikey2shoes @nursehilda @snowwhite @Greg @kellyka @haw @oh34rn @Burt @cato07
Good luck!

Text toys now

Text now and good luck! @thebuzz @Sandman @SweetPea @chesne

TXT now @SweetPea @Sandman @chesne @thebuzz

Good morning :coffee: :expressionless: RWallerzzz

Heard the cue on my way to the can, turned back to grab my phone with me

Ha. Nice. I don’t have cell service in the can at work, so it’s always a rush to get there and back before a song ends…lol

So I learned something today, Chez always has a saying, live from the Harvey Glatt studios… Always wondered who that was named after, and Harvey was the founder of Chez…

He was also the founder of Treble Clef records and Treble Clef Audio. Gawd I used to spend hour in there drooling over the audio equipment. They had stuff the average joe could afford like Kenwood, Pioneer and Infinity speakers, right up to high end stuff like McIntosh and Klipsch (the good Klipsch like Klipschorn and La Scala. Man do I miss Treble Clef Sigh

Oh ya. He also founded Bass Clef concert promotion.

@mikey2shoes Treble Clef records sounds familiar, but I think they went away early eighties late seventies and I don’t think I was living here yet then… I still have some Infinity speakers… And some Kenwood Amps, but they are not quite that old… More like late 80s early 90s…

It was all still descent stuff up to the mid eighties in my opinion. It was the nineties and more so the 2ooo’s that killed descent affordable audio.

Cue to text coming up soon TJ said…

Another old amp name… Sansui… Heck soon no one will even know what BIG speakers and stereos were, everything is going little Bluetooth speakers for your phones these days… Heck, even try to find a CD/DVD audio player anymore, or a 200 disc magazine one, forget it!

I remember tuning into Chez when they launched in “77” and it was awesome…I’d call Brian Murphy the overnight DJ to get him to play Allman Bros. “In Memory of Elizabeth Reed”…a 23 minute song…you can’t get that on the radio anymore, because of commercials!!

Brian Murphy was the last real DJ that Chez had. He was really a music genius, his personalmusic catalog was probably bigger than Chez’.

@hummer I was living in Edmonton taking in the Wayne Gretzky years late 70’s/early 80s…

I worked at CHEZ back in 1985-86 :blush: Just administration but it was cool