Support the Site

Wednesday May 29, 2019

Good day all…

A coworker just told me about this new music festival in Smiths Falls, two days in August:

If you like country, New Country 94 just rebranded as Pure Country 94 and is giving away 25 grand, listen for the codewords three times a day and enter them on their website…

And for those that enjoyed the last Spacewalk link, here’s another live one:

Pure Country 94 11:00am code word is BOOTS.

1 Like

First one I have caught and was coming to post and aw you already beat me to it :wink:

It’s about time I beat you to the post…lol

Pure Country is a bit of a nice change of pace music wise, although the reception isn’t great at work. I have found that Chez seems to be shortening their playlist lately. How many times do I have to listen to Whiskey in the Jar by Metallica before I get sick of it?

@mikey2shoes i actually said that to myself yesterday on the drive home when that song came on. I hear it atleast every 1-2 days

1 Like

Hehe… I haven’t had much time to listen to radio at all, other than at the cottage where the girlfriend ensures it is only ever on K-Rock (she isn’t a Chez listener here though)… But with all the changes coming up with Chez, not sure what will come of it.

1 Like

@oh34rn it drives me crazy too. I have heard that song on the way in to work and then again on the way home. If Chez was a top 40 station I could understand hearing repeats but in Chez case they have almost 60 YEARS of music to pick from, not 40 songs. I understand them favouring a certain artist when there is a reason to, like a death, an upcoming show, a biopic about them (I’m looking at you Queen) but to be shortlisting specific songs just because they think we want to hear them is crazy. In fact one of the reasons I listen(ed) to Chez is because I didn’t hear the same songs over and over.
Oh well, I’ll keep listening for a bit after theDoc & Woody show is done just to see what it’s like but I’m not too optimistic…
@Drewdles, same for me with listening at work lately. Once the T20 contest was done, I started listening to the radio a lot less at work.

I completely forgot about the 3:00 code word. How long is this contest on? I might get back in the posting groove by the time the contest is over…lol.

I thought it was 4pm codeword?
Listen weekdays for your Pure Country Cash Code words at
7 AM, 11 AM and 4 PM.
And looks like it goes for some time, so lots of chances it looks like to get into the draw:
Contest starts on May 29, 2019 at 7:00 a.m. and closes on June 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m., based on the local time at your place of residence

@mikey2shoes 4pm word is Bourbon

Thanks @Drewdles 4pm it is…lol. Not sure how I came up with 3pm.